Wednesday, June 29, 2011
A Community I Love
I live in a small community named Myrtlewood, Al. In the Myrtlewood community you can feel the love in this small area. We all have grown up and have gone to school with someone’s sister or brother. When the April 27th tornado came through and destroyed an area two miles from my home, as a community we pulled up our sleeves and did what was necessary to make this family that lost their home and family member feel comfortable. Members in the community that had spare rooms assisted the family in their time of need. We found a house for the family because they wanted to be together due to my neighbor losing her father. She said many times, “I am homeless.” I told her, “Homeless people don’t have me and the love of the community.” I expressed to her that I know how she feel and to her it may seem like its midnight in her life but, all she has to do is just put God first and pray. Even though, we don’t understand just pray and God will provide. I talked to her at church Sunday and she told me that they will be building a new and better home in July of this year. All I could say to her was, “God is good all the time.”
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Isn't it great to see God working thru all of us in the scary times our area has had. I grew up in a large town, but small community, but it was no where near as tight as your community sounds. how awesome that you have that extended family.
ReplyDelete