Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Mistake I Made/ What I Learned from It

A mistake I made starting my new job, was thinking that the person I saw as my mentor who offered to help me in what I did not know pertaining to my new job wouldn’t turn their back on me was an understatement. I saw her as my mentor because she had been at this job for about ten years. I was then given her job due to me having a degree; she did not like this because she wanted to be leader in the classroom. She would tell co-workers that we were co. teachers. Because I stayed in my room I did not know of the things she was telling her friends. She wanted to do the attendance, lesson plan, and any other paper she could put her name on as head teacher. There were times when she tried to control what went on in the classroom. I then had to pull her to the side and let her know that we are to work as a team and not against each other because it is all about the children. The thing I learned from this was that you can’t trust people on face value. Also, I learned no matter how nice you are people will try to use you to their advantage; you must stand up for what is right no matter what the situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment